Options to get around Bali include:

Taxi: Flagging a taxi (look for Bluebird emblem) is an inexpensive way to get from place to place - simply flag one down – they are metered.

Scooter/Motor bike rental: You can rent a scooter for few $AUD per day

Hiring a car/van is another option with or without an English-speaking driver.

Important note:

An International Driving License or Tourist Driving License is required for foreigners, and National Driving License for Indonesian Nationals. Local authorities sometimes will ask to see your license.

If you are visiting from Australia you can obtain from NRMA your international drivers permit before you leave Australia. Refer link




If you are visiting from other countries, check your local motoring associations for details on how to obtain your international drivers permit.

If you do not have enough time to obtain an International Driving License prior your departure, to avoid police fines, a Tourist Driving License can be obtained at Jalan Cok Agung Tresna No. 14, Renon - Bali. The office is in the "Pelayanan Samsat Building", BPKB Section, at the service window for foreigners.

Requirements: one copy of passport (photo and identification pages and entry visa page) and one copy of valid home country driving license. Car licenses cost Rp.110, 000, - (approx. US $15) each and are valid for one month. Obtain and complete the application form, pay the fee and have your photograph taken on the spot. The license is ready in five minutes. The Foreign License Service Hours: Monday -Thursday and Saturday, 8:30 am - 2:30 pm; Friday until 1 pm. Closed Sunday and Holidays. (0361) 243-939.